Monday, July 30, 2012

Anthony Robles Speaks at National Conference


Turner Enterprises, Inc. had the opportunity this past weekend at our National Conference to hear from one of the most influential speakers, Anthony Robles. Anthony Robles won the 2010-2011 NCAA individual wrestling championship even though he was born with only one leg. He enriched all in attendance with his theory of being “unstoppable”. He spoke of the challenges that life presents us, yet it is up the individual to reach their goals regardless of what life throws at them. Robles said “bad things happen to everyone, you can either decide to let those things break you or decide to get through it in one piece”. Robles inspired Turner Enterprises to constantly work towards their goals no matter what challenges they may face.


Anthony Robles ended his speech with his poem “Unstoppable”.


"Every soul who comes to Earth with a
leg or two at birth must wrestle his
opponents knowing it’s not what is, but
what can be that measures worth. Make it hard, just make it possible and through
pain, I won’t complain. My spirit is unconquerable. Fearless I will face each
foe for I know I am capable. I don't care what’s probable, through blood sweat and tears I am unstoppable."

- Anthony Robles